We’re a doula partnership made up of four people: Claire Labrosa, Samantha Bonanno, and Kara Snyder, and Sarah Cox. Between the four of us, we’ve had the privilege of supporting over 200 women through labor and delivery. Our goal is to help you and your partner have a positive birth experience, as you define it.
I am the mama to a spunky, amazing little boy. I am constantly grateful to him for the joy and love I discovered in my heart when he was born. Most days, I also have 20 other children while I am teaching 3rd grade at a local charter school. I first became interested in childbirth when serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in Cambodia. During my service (2007-2011), I volunteered with midwives in remote areas of Southern Cambodia. I had the honor of assisting in deliveries both in a hospital and home birth setting. Later, my passion for birth was sparked again by the birth of my son in 2014. After struggling with my own postpartum blues, I set out to research and help others overcome postpartum issues naturally. I decided to become a Doula and immerse myself in all things childbirth! Since 2014, I have become a certified Doula with DONA International, A Certified Childbirth Educator (ACBE), A Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (PBi), and A Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC). In other news:
- I have a black belt in Karate….but no longer train
- I love herbs, making soap and messing around with interesting oils.
- I can recite most episodes of The Golden Girls, and got through 2 full seasons when I was in labor.
- I love making jewelry out of really interesting things…breast milk, placenta, and hair….
- I LOVE fireworks
I’m a proud mama of three kids: eight-year-old (boy-girl) twins, and a six-year-old boy. I spend most of my time doing life with them. I used to be an elementary school teacher before having kids, but then took a four-year hiatus from working. My interest in supporting women in labor began with my own birth experiences but I’ll always be a teacher at heart, so I decided to mash it all together as a doula and a childbirth educator. I love birth, babies and education and I am so lucky to be able to have a career that’s built on all of my passions. In other news:
- I read historical fiction and watch MGM musicals and I feel only slightly embarrassed about that.
- The first time I got on a plane, I flew to China.
- I don’t like when nature gets on me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love the outdoors as long as it’s temperature controlled and there are no bugs.
- Red wine and Euchre is my idea of a perfect evening.
- I was a synchronized swimmer in high school. I won zero competitions.
- I am a committed fan of the New York Yankees but we can still be friends if you are not.
- Jordan Knight was my favorite New Kid on The Block.
I am mama to three little ones that fill my life with adventure and excitement every day. I was inspired to become a doula after the birth of my oldest, and knew that I could help other parents navigate a better birth experience. I believe that all families deserve the care and attention a doula can provide, regardless of birth preferences. We all deserve a doula! I am a passionate advocate of families and I believe that a positive birth experience is the best beginning to the transformation we experience when we bring a life into the world. In other news:
- I read lactation books for fun
- I enjoy science fiction and fantasy genres
- I am an avid traveler at heart, and hope to continue my desire to see the world as my kiddos get older
- I breastfed after a breast reduction, something that I am very proud of, and happy to talk about
I am the mother of three little ones. We have a 5 year old daughter, 3 year old daughter and an 8-month-old son that have made the last 5 years both interesting and fun! I am very grateful to have three beautiful children who make me laugh and smile every day. I first became interested in doulas while pregnant with my first. I am a cancer survivor and because of my experiences, I wanted to ensure my birth had the least medical feel as possible. While researching how to reduce my risk of cesarean, I discovered doulas. After realizing how helpful it was to have a doula myself, I decided to train when my daughter was an infant. I later did my Lamaze training in childbirth and certified as a childbirth educator. I feel truly called to do this work, supporting women and their families during some of the most meaningful moments of their lives. Birth is transformative. I’m here to ensure you feel supported and empowered!
In other news:
- I love to cook! It’s something I inherited from my Italian grandmother
- I worked for 10 years in breast cancer and only recently left to pursue birth work
- Nutrition is a hobby of mine! I love trying to help people eat better
- Backstreet Boys over N Sync every time! I’ve seen them live 6 times and even met them! [Don’t judge my music taste ;)]
- Pretty much every night you can find my family dancing and laughing in our kitchen